Email is the most effective marketing channel to drive traffic to your website. If you are not actively marketing to your customers, you can bet your competition is.
The fact is, just about everyone you are trying to reach uses email, as it is a fast and reliable form of communication that is preferred by the majority of consumers today.
Below are 10 email marketing do’s and don’ts:
(1) DO Grow your email list the right way by using a sign-up form that requires subscribers to opt-in (or double opt-in) to receive your emails.
DON’T Purchase an email list.
(2) DO Keep your company on their mind. Send new subscribers a welcome email immediately after they opt-in.
DON’T Make new subscribers wait to hear from you after they’ve signed up.
(3) DO Include attention-getting preheader text to provide more context to your message and encourage your reader to open the email.
DON’T Forget preheader text.
(4) DO Segment your list based on the interests or behaviour of your audience or their stage in the purchasing cycle.
DON’T Send the same email to every subscriber on your list.
(5) DO Get personal. Personalization increases your engagement rate on average by 26%.
DON’T Send a generic email that doesn’t speak to anyone.
(6) DO Use marketing automation to create customer journeys that nurture them and provide them with valuable content along the way.
DON’T Send disconnected one-off emails.
(7) DO Use dynamic content to tailor messages to each recipient. Focus on your customers’ preferences, interests, or perhaps location.
DON’T Use the same images and copy for every recipient.
(8) DO Give your emails the best chance of being opened by sending based on your recipient’s time zones.
DON’T Send emails to all subscribers at the same time.
(9) DO Make sure that your email is optimized for your recipient’s device.
DON’T Send your email without doing a thorough check for typos, broken links, or other optimization errors.
(10) DO Use your reporting to improve your future email campaigns and customer engagement.
DON’T Ignore your email marketing reporting or analytics.
Maximize the value you have invested in your domain by driving quality customers to your website or shop with the power of email. Try eMailPlatform free for 2 weeks.